Cheddar Walking has teamed up with Mendip Ramblers to organise a Walking Festival on the weekend of the August Bank Holiday 27/28/29 August 2016. An experienced team of walk organisers have been putting together a selection of walks starting and finishing in Cheddar, and taking in the wide range of footpaths in the Cheddar area, from out on the moors to up on the Mendips. Walk lengths vary and there is a choice of walks every day. For more details see below.
FREE WALKING FESTIVAL
Bank Holiday Weekend
27/28/29 August 2016
Walks start at
THE SCOUT HUT, Cheddar First School, The Hayes, Cheddar.
Grid Reference ST 456534
OS Explorer Map 141
Car parking: at Cheddar First School, Kings of Wessex Academy and signed public car parks.
There will be a choice of 3 walks each day starting at 10.00 am
(short 6-7 miles; medium 8-9 miles; long 10-13 miles)
1 walk starting at 1.30 pm
(3½ – 4½ miles)
- Please allow time for parking, choosing your walk and registering by signing the appropriate sheet.
- Bring food and drink for a short morning stop and a longer lunch stop.
- Wear/bring appropriate clothing, especially footwear, and waterproofs if necessary.
- Well behaved dogs, under close control, are welcome but must be put on a lead when requested by the walk leader or back marker.
- Tea and cake at the end. Please make a small donation!